I am a Certified Health Coach who has fibromyalgia.
I provide specialized coaching and resources to help women just like you:
- women who have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome;
- women who want to break free from the prison their bodies have become, restore their strength and health, and finally live the lives they’ve been dreaming of.
In other words, I help you feel like YOU again — and I’ve “been there, done that” myself.
Even though everyone experiences fibromyalgia (FMS) and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) differently, only someone who has it themselves really understands what you’re going through and the challenges you face every day.
Only someone who has FMS/CFS and has gone through the rounds of doctors, medications, tests, therapies and treatments understands how frustrating it is to get your hopes up just to have something not work again. Or how wonderful just a one or two percent improvement can be.
What I’m saying is — I totally get it.
You can read the long version of my story here, but the short version is this:
I’ve suffered with the symptoms of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome for over 25 years; I was finally diagnosed in 2007. In the spring of 2008, my fibro was so bad that I filed for social security disability. In January 2009, my doctor introduced me to a nutritional program that changed my life; since then, I’ve lost 65 pounds.* Due to my weight loss and other lifestyle changes, I have completely come off of nine medications, including my pain meds. As long as I remember to take care of myself, I can (mostly) live like I don’t have fibromyalgia. Do I still have flare ups? Sure! But I have far more good days than bad.
After experiencing the joy of getting my life back — and the wonder in my husband’s face of, “who is this woman I’m married to?” — I wanted to share that joy with others and became a Health Coach, specializing in helping women with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. I co-lead the Portland Fibromyalgia – ME/CFS Group and helped start the Fibromyalgia-ME/CFS Support Center, Inc., where I serve as Vice President.
In addition to receiving my Health Coach certification through the Health Institute, my passion for helping others has led me to consult with and learn from experts in many fields, some of which include:
- Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome
- Weight management
- Motivation and goal setting
I live in Tigard, Oregon, with my awesome husband, Scott, and our three cats: Bear, Jesse and Sniglets. In good weather, you’ll find me on the back of Scott’s Harley. In bad weather, I’ll be by the fire, reading a good book, with Bear curled up beside me. Actually, Bear would be curled up beside me on the Harley if he could!
But really, helping you feel like… well, YOU again, is my favorite thing to do!
- Read my fibromyalgia story (the long version), if you haven’t already.
- See how I can help you.
- Check out Is This You? to see if you and I would be a good fit.
- Stay in touch by signing up for my Hope & Healing and/or Healthy Habits newsletters.
- Or just say hello, because I’d love to meet you and encourage you in your journey.
- If you’re ready to talk to someone who understands what you’re going through, schedule a complimentary consultation.
*Results will vary. Lose 2-5 lbs per week for the first 2 weeks and 1-2 lbs per week thereafter.